Saturday, March 21, 2020

So, We're Going Skiing in Aspen


Good morning everybody I am on my way to Aspen, Colorado. I go to Aspen every year I'm a huge huge skier. I was a ski instructor for kids in Austria for three winters and now
I just go ski for fun. I really love Aspen mostly because I love the mountain. It's wide it's open, there's lots of terrain. I love the restaurants. I love the vibe and I am headed to the airport with all of my stuff. When I say all of my, stuff I take my skis, I take my boots, I pack a suitcase and I take my carry-ons. It is absolutely worth having my own equipment there.



Leslie is taking us to the airport. She's also a skier, and Denise is also coming for a second year of skiing together. I can't wait to get out there. We're also going to meet Becky in Denver, so this is going to be a fun girls trip. We're taking Blue Sky Limo from Denver to Aspen, and I'm going to try to get some of my real estate work done on both the flight to Denver and the drive out to Aspen.

Our first day on the mountain it's been snowing all night long I can't wait to get out there. I'm headed to the ski shop pick up my skis where I had them tuned last night and then I'm headed up the mountain.

The first run of the season and it's a complete whiteout not sure I'm looking forward to this LOL. We'll see at the bottom. It really is absolutely spectacular out in Aspen. I can totally say day 1 is a huge success!

After a full day on the slopes it's time to head back to the hotel for cocktails and protein bars.



On day we decided to do Mogul runs - ohhh boy. Some of those moguls were the size of small children! Aspen has some absolutely amazing challenges for even the most experienced skiers. My friends and I are definitely feeling the soreness in some of those muscles you never use unless you are out skiing. It's also always a bit unsettling when you think you're pretty good at this whole skiing thing, and then a group of teenagers come whizzing past you and make it all look so easy.

Day 2 Evening: Our hotel room has a really nice kitchen, so it's pasta and wine for the girls tonight! Penne with Marinara sauce and a nice bottle of Sangiovese to wash it down - YUM!

Skiing Day 3:

The skiing life is rinse and repeat. Get up, have a protein shake to feed the sore muscles. Then a delicious breakfast of eggs bacon and tortillas, and we're ready to get on to the mountain again. Lots of skiing, more moguls, ski, come down, take a shower, a little après action. Dinner to go from our favorite pizza place. Come home, sleep for eight hours and repeat the next day. Life is tough :)



Well, that's about it for this girl’s trip. It was tons of fun catching up with my friends and skiing Aspen. We took Blue Sky Limo back to Denver. I really think this is the best airport shuttle service from Aspen to DIA. They're always on time and have the best drivers. I highly recommend them to anyone traveling to Aspen this Winter.

So until the next time! Safe travels


No comments:

Post a Comment